Today has been full of productivity roadblocks. My school is on Fall Break, meaning no classes today or yesterday, so I’ve been in the unfortunate mindset of, “It’s Fall Break, so I can sleep in! I can lie around and watch Hulu all day! I can relax!” And now it’s 4pm on Friday and I’ve only really gotten two things knocked off of my massive to-do list for the weekend. Oh, well. Balancing work and relaxation is a constant struggle. I guess I’ll just be thankful for having caught up on sleep and move on.
Anyway, to my songs:
1. “Dog Days Are Over” by Florence + the Machine
2. “Paparazzi” by Lady GaGa
3. “Sometime Around Midnight” by Airborne Toxic Event
4. “I’ve Got a Feelin'” by The Black Eyed Peas (interesting anecdote: this was our “walk out” song at our wedding; after the kiss and “introducing Mr. and Mrs.” we danced out of the chapel)
5. “Girl in the War” by Josh Ritter
6. “A Long December” by Counting Crows
I’ve always kind of hated picking my “favorite” songs. Sure, I like these songs a lot, but there are so many songs out there that capture my various moods and memories. But I guess it’d be impossible and tedious to try and list them all.
Oh! I have to include these: “Boy with a Coin” by Iron and Wine; “Dream On” by Aerosmith; “Love the Way You Lie” by Eminem ft. Rihanna.